Compact Luzerne Organic
Hartog Compact Lucerne Organic bales stimulate the natural pecking, give a larger feeling of satiety and therefore less aggresiveness.
The Hartog Compact lucerne Organic for poultry is a compact bales of 20 kg. The bale is holding together by 4 plastic straps, therefore the harnesses bales are staying longer compact and so poultry spilled less lucerne or alfalfa. The bales are packed in a plastic film, but it's also possible with a private label.
- Compact Lucerne bales keep the hens busy and help to prevent boredom
- Compact Lucerne bales stimulate the natural pecking, give a larger feeling of satiety and therefore less aggresiveness
- Compact Lucerne contributes to a high nutritional value
Hartog is in the possession of a Skalcertificate. It is possible to deliver the Hartog Compact Lucerne Organic with this Dutch Organic product certification. Of course we can also supply conventional Compact Lucerne. Download here our Skal certificate
Our Lucerne is heated by a gas fired process (the only one in the Netherlands). During this heating process there aren't arising doxins, PCBs and heavy metals in the alfalfa. By heating it to high temperatures, the alfalfa is free from moulds, moisture and bacteria such as, Salmonella.
For producing Hartog Compact lucerne we use 100% alfalfa produced by growers that we monitor. The product is therefore free of weeds etc.
- Put at least two bales of Compact Lucerne in each compartment
- Spread the bales as much as possible so all hens can eat alfalfa/lucerne
- Place Compact Luzerne in the evening to prevents stress in a restless couple
- Allow the streps for slow feeding of the lucerne
- Use a rack or hay net and avoid wasting the product
- Start by feeding Compact Lucerne in the first weeks of life
With a size of 50 x 30 x 30 cm per bale, only little storage space is required. The bale with a weight of 20 kg can be easily distributed to the different compartments of the stable.
Analysis is based on 1 kilogram This is a natural product, so the values shown may vary.
|Crude protein||16.80 %|
|Crude fiber||35.50 %|
|Crude ash|| |
|Dry matter||90.00 %|